Our skin isn't 100% smooth. It has creases and crevices from making certain facial expressions and from aging. When your makeup settles into fine lines and wrinkles, you will notice what you dread most....CREASING.
Here are some tips and tricks to stop your makeup from settling into you creases.
- Avoid cream concealers. Cream concealers are highly pigmented and perfect for people who struggle with dry skin due to the emulants that give the skin additional hydration. However, because they can be very heavy they tend to settle into creases versus concealing.
- Liquid concealers are buildable and allow you to achieve medium to full coverage. Avoid concealers that dry fast such as matte concealers as it will crease more because it is less flexible and adhere to fine lines on the face. Use a hydrating concealer like Wink4Me Unfiltered Hydrating Concealers that is flexible and wont settle as much in the crease.
- Use the right tools. A damp sponge is great for blending out the undereye and ensures that minimal product is left sitting on the skin to find its way to your creases.
- Use a primer or an eye cream that applies hydration to plump that area up and prep it for application. Give it a few minutes to soak in the skin before you go in with your concealer.
- Layer your concealer. Do not start with a thick layer of concealer. Since liquid concealer is buildable start with a small amount and build to your desired coverage. Using this technique ensures you won't apply too much concealer that can cause caking and creasing.